Piper Maddox has been engaged on an exclusive search for a Chief Commercial Officer to support one of our most exciting clients in the clean tech space.
My client is one of the largest generators of electricity from sustainable resources in the United States (and internationally) and listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They are known for their innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and environmentally sound power solutions across Solar and Energy Storage. The team is looking for a leading candidate to come and drive a key part of their business – Utility-Scale Energy Storage Developments within the United States.
The Chief Commercial Officer will oversee the energy storage strategy, analysis, and development activities in the U.S. This position will report to the SVP with a dotted line to the Chief Executive.
Some responsibilities include:
· Understand various battery technologies and industry practices to provide guidance to the organization on the application of technology.
· Develop and oversee the energy storage strategy, analysis, and development activities in the U.S.
· Lead and grow battery storage BD team, including hiring and overseeing technical personnel in support of development strategy.
· Evaluate available and emerging storage technologies and communicate new technology development and risks associated with the new technology.
· Provide direction and assist in corporate response to RFPs/RFQs regarding plant integrator, equipment, and technology selection.
· Collaborates with the Development team in the preparation and coordination of proposals, proposal materials, and other marketing efforts in support of the market segment.
· Support Development to assure timely and cost-effective resolution to regulatory,permitting,andtechnicalissuesassociatedwiththeexecutionanddeliveryofBESSprojects.
· Mature, experienced, innovative professional including strong structuring and analytical skillsets.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters or PhD a plus.
· Expert knowledge with experience in industry sectors; typically requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization including 5 years project development experience including deal negotiation.
· Grid connected BESS or any inverter-based generation experience.
· Must be able to identify new market opportunities and close energy storage projects.
· Experience in a multi culture global company.
If you feel as the above criteria matches your skillset, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.