Piper Maddox has been retained on a search for a Chief Operations Officer to join a rapidly expanding residential battery energy storage start-up based in Florida.
Our client is a solutions company that combines hardware and software integrated energy storage into one offering that provides reliability and ease of use at an attractive end-point price to the customer.
They passionately believe in distributed energy storage solutions to shape our world’s environmental and economic future that are prudent, panoramic, and serve all demographics with parity. Distributors, Installers, and Homeowners choose their solutions because of its ease of use, high-quality design, and value price point.
The business has raised millions of dollars in equity since inception with deployments in US, Mexico, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Canada.
The team are seeking a highly talented and driven Chief Operations Officer to oversee all manufacturing activities, implement a first-class global supply and logistics chain, quality testing and documentation processes and support in the development of an IT and Network Operating Center.
The ideal candidate will have experience scaling and growing start-ups and have built and mentored high performing teams.
- Manage global supply, logistics, quality, IT and network operating center, purchasing and manufacturing operations.
- Partner closely with the existing team: VP of Manufacturing, Logistics Manager, and Director of Asian Supply located in Taiwan
- Build and maintain vendor relations in China, Taiwan, Japan and Europe. Hardware components include inverters, enclosures, computer/microprocessors, cabling and transfer switches.
- Ensure that contracts with service providers are effectively managed on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee selection, productivity, and professional development of direct reports.
- Drive and enforce key approval processes, ensuring there is proper transparency with operations decisions and activities
Required Skill & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience in the renewable energy industry, ideally residential battery storage.
• Engineering degree or similar technical qualification
• IT infrastructure experience required
• Global sourcing experience required
• Proven experience scaling businesses
• Strategy, goal setting, and budget management required.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply now to learn more!