Piper Maddox has been retained on a search for a Chief Product Officer to join a rapidly expanding residential battery energy storage start-up based in Florida.
Our client is a solutions company that combines hardware and software integrated energy storage into one offering that provides reliability and ease of use at an attractive end-point price to the customer.
They passionately believe in distributed energy storage solutions to shape our world’s environmental and economic future that are prudent, panoramic, and serve all demographics with parity. Distributors, Installers, and Homeowners choose their solutions because of its ease of use, high-quality design, and value price point.
The business has raised millions of dollars in equity since inception with deployments in US, Mexico, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Canada.
The Chief Product Officer will join the Senior Management team, driving the product focus. You will lead the Product team to define the Products delivered to customers and clients, working in partnership with the Engineering and Sales teams to create and deliver these to their customers.
· Leading and Supervising the Product team
· Hire a team across the following skillsets: Hardware Product Manager, Software Product Manager, Strategy and Regulatory, Chief System Engineer
· Working in strong partnership with Sales and Engineering to align Product, Engineering & Commercial strategies
· Highly influential + persuasive. An inspiring leader
· Broad skillset across sales, engineering, regulatory and marketing is required.
· Prior experience of working within the following market segments: Utilities, Homebuilders, Municipalities, Industrial and Solar Distribution would be beneficial.
· Indepth understanding of battery storage hardware and software. The software elements include:
o Embedded Software
o Consumer Software
o Installation and Commissioning Software
o Fleet management software
o Grid/Utility controls software
· Significant experience as head of product (leading multiple product teams)
· Desired experience in global supply chain management
· Significant start-up/scale up experience
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply now to learn more.