Electrical Engineer 3 - Research and Development
Product Development Team - Denver, CO
This is a full-time, hands-on role in a fast-paced startup environment. They are looking for someone to organize and lead their project and change management functions, to train and coach their team as well as to develop and refine our ongoing processes to scale efficiently.
You will love this job if you . . .
Are driven to be part of a team doing big things to help our planet
Aspire to work with a successful veteran startup management team
Are a self-starter and always find ways to get your work done and help team members too
Are an organized, detail-oriented person are very good at time management
Are determined and resilient to keep things moving forward at a startup pace
Are assertive and able to influence and partner with the team to get things done
Enjoy new challenges and change
An Electrical Engineer 3 contributes to the research, design, development, and testing of electrical circuits and products. They collaborate directly with other team members to develop new designs and solutions. Must have the ability to work with a diverse team of mechanical and software engineers to develop proof-of-concept designs for OEM demonstrations.
Required Skills & Qualifications
· Schematic Capture and PCB Layout (must have).
· Designing Library parts (symbols, footprints, etc)
· Knowledgeable about Spice simulations.
· Knowledgeable about DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
· Skilled in board bring-up and debugging.
· Skilled at using solder rework equipment, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
· Ability to interpret/read CAD designs
Desired Skills & Qualifications
· Experience designing switched-mode power supplies a plus.
· Understanding of battery management systems
· Experience designing with batteries
· Experienced with signal integrity.
· Familiarity with Altium or KiCad highly desired
· Familiarity with Linux highly desired
· Familiarity with scripting in Python or equivalent language highly desired
· Experience with certifications such as UL
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
· Master’s Degree Preferred
· 5 - 7 years of experience developing on a commercial product