Piper Maddox has recently been engaged to find a highly talented Financial Controller for a rapidly growing utility-scale PV solar developer based in Austin, Texas.
My client is backed by one of the world’s premier energy venture investors, and with a clear plan for bringing billions of dollars of new investment to US solar assets, they are building an extraordinary team of creative problem solvers to help make this vision a reality.
The business is in process of closing ~1GW of acquisitions of mid-stage solar development projects along with greenfield development of another 1GW in 2021.
This role will report directly into the CEO and have an instrumental impact on a small and rapidly growing team of superstars. They are looking for someone who can “run the show” from an accounting, tax and financial planning perspective – figuring out what needs to be done and executing. You will need to be proactive, technically smart and think outside the box on the most efficient and effective ways to manage accounting/tax/financial planning of the business.
· Manage and implement accounting systems and related internal controls, including overseeing applicable processes and procedures and monitoring compliance by Company staff
· Perform daily accounting activities required to process accounts payable, ensuring all vendor invoices are validated and approved prior to payment
· Maintain project cost accounting for multiple development projects, organizing data input and general ledger to provide insightful reporting
· Prepare and present monthly financial reporting package to senior management, including preparation of consolidating and consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
· Research technical accounting issues and develop and implement accounting policies
· Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reporting
· Prepare and maintain Company budget and cash forecast
This role is a great fit for someone who is hungry to get into the private equity/venture capital world. If you perform well, you will have the requisite experience to get a CFO gig in another portfolio company in the future!
You will need to be based in Austin, TX and a competitive relocation package will be on offer.
Please apply now to learn more!