Piper Maddox has been engaged by one of the world’s most well established utilities: Enel. They have come to the US to become one of the renewable energy supermajors. They are one of the fastest-growing Independent Power Producer's in the USA and one of the largest IPP's globally with a geographically diverse portfolio of assets. Enel is the world's largest privately held Renewable Energy Developer, with around 88GW of wind, solar, geothermal, and hydropower plants installed globally.
Enel is Europe’s largest Utility in terms of EBITDA (Earnings), present in over 30 countries globally they came to the US with a vision to become one of the largest IPPs in North America. They already have a presence in over 15 US states and in Canada which includes over 60 plants already in operation and close to 7GW capacity - wind, geothermal, solar & energy storage Their goal is to put down 100GW of additional capacity (installed) in the next 10 years! Although they have not given a specific figure on how much will be in the US 1/3 of their total global CAPEX spend for the next 10 years will be in the US.
They are looking to continue their trend of growing out their renewable energy division and need an experienced Senior Compliance Analyst. This person is responsible for monitoring and reviewing proprietary trading activities in power markets and natural gas markets, and commodity derivative hedging strategies. You will identify, investigate, and resolve potential compliance risks regarding CFTC, ISO, and FERC regulations along with handling any ad-hoc compliance requests and risk assessments.
· Ensure regulatory compliance with all applicable laws, including the requirements of various CFTC-Dodd Frank, US exchange and FERC Anti-Manipulation, ISO Market regulations.
· Analyze daily market alerts produced by Trading Surveillance Systems and escalate if required
· Assist with creating, maintaining, and enhancing all automated compliance tools
· Assist with identifying regulatory requirements for new business/new products and with ad hoc transaction related questions.
· Continuous assessment on regulatory risk rules-based FERC, CFTC, ISO Markets, or exchange disciplinary cases.
· Assist in the development, implementation of monitoring applications and systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting)
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy trading operations with a focus on Power trading operations required. Previous market surveillance experience desired.
· Ability to analyze large of amounts of data and compile information as evidence to demonstrate compliance and provide regulatory guidance around trading activities.
· Knowledge of ISO/RTO power products (including FTRs and Virtual trades).
· Demonstrated knowledge of CFTC, FERC, ISO rules for power and renewables.
· Ability to multi-task and work in an international team environment and cross functional support. Interact with Front Office, Back Office, Middle Office, and Global Compliance in Rome) on daily and ad hoc basis
· Proficiency with programming tools (VBA, SQL, Python), dashboarding tools (Power-BI)
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Willingness to travel as needed