My client has developed a technology which helps mining and recycling companies recover the critical minerals from their operations to be used again. This solution will support battery manufacturers, critical metals recyclers, miners, refiners and electronics manufacturers.
This technology is an alternative to using large greenhouse gas emitting furnaces or harsh chemicals, making it safer and cleaner for the environment.
With that, I'm seeking a talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will be evolving the technology that separates crucial minerals from deconstructed materials such as Lithium-ion batteries, and transforming them into production-grade feedstocks for the clean energy transition.
This position will focus on the development of the core technology system; an electro-extraction technology for Li-ion battery recycling. The project involves utilizing Computational Fluid Dynamics Models to simulate real world flows and scale the technology to production ready. You will drive development of complex Parts, Sub-Assemblies and/or features, key technical components through design and verification.
The qualified candidate will have knowledge of and extensive laboratory experience with advanced materials and chemistries
Qualified candidates will possess a strong combination of the following:
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10 years of experience in a related environment
• Proficiency with 3D CAD tools. Preferably Autodesk
• Experience working with metal forming, plastic part design for injection molding, DFM/A
• Sound Engineering Principles: Technical depth in the areas of structural and fluid mechanics, vibration and thermal design
• Familiarity with chemical process scale up
This is a full-time position is the Greater Boston Area.
If you acquire the necessary skills and qualifications listed above, please apply directly.