Piper Maddox specializes in the Renewable Energy industry, covering the Solar, Energy Storage, Grid Edge, E-Mobility, Wind, & Energy Efficiency markets. We are looking for a Transmission Manager to join a global leading Renewable Energy Developer that owns/operates some of the most efficient and highest performing renewable energy projects in the US. This company is investing billions of dollars into their energy portfolio across Solar, Wind, and Energy Storage in the US and internationally, in order to reach their goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2040.
Position Title: Transmission Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Purpose: The Transmission Manager will be responsible for market and site selection for the development of utility scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, with a primary focus on CAISO/WECC.
· Evaluate potential interconnection alternatives for various projects.
· Initiate interconnection requests, carry out studies, and facilitate the negotiation and execution of interconnection agreements.
· Monitor and keep up-to-date on transmission projects, overall transmission development, and current regulatory requirements and changes within the various markets.
· Maintain and build upon strong working knowledge of regional transmission systems and providers.
· Find/request and review/verify interconnection studies and other analyses performed by transmission providers and consultants. Duplicate studies for QA/QC.
· Perform power flow analysis utilizing power flow software.
· Serve as a representative for the company in the transmission regulatory process.
· 4+ years of transmission and interconnection experience (CAISO/WECC preferred).
· Deep understanding of North American Power/Electricity markets (CAISO preferred).
· Utility and transmission planning experience.
· Proficiency in power flow software (PSS/E, PowerWorld, PSLF).
· College Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
Please apply now to learn more!