Our clients are an industry leader globally and one of the fastest growing fully vertically integrated IPP of Renewable Energy. They recently launched their own energy management platform which has won numerous awards and secured an additional $1Billion in funding from one of their reputable financiers. The goal for this business is to continue add to their already substantial commercial solar portfolio while adding and additional 500MW of Utility Scale Solar and 800MW of Storage in the next year. They are actively pursuing new and emerging technologies including Hydrogen production.
This role will play a key part in the businesses plans moving forward to enter new markets and transition to Transmission level solar and storage projects. Reporting directly to the Head of US this person will help define and execute a nationwide Development and Origination strategy. You will be responsible greenfield development efforts for Utility Scale Solar & Energy Storage projects at first with a view that the business may add Hydrogen and other novel technologies.
· We need someone with experience leading negotiations for and executing PPA agreements in multiple RTOs/ISOs across the United States.
· It is likely this person will need at least 5 years previous experience in a Director level Origination / Development role.
· It is essential this person has a total 10+ years’ experience in Origination/Development in the US energy market, preferably with most of that time spent focused on Renewable Energy.
· A minimum degree level qualification in STEM or Business is required and an advanced level qualification is preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
Besides a very competitive salary and compensation package, this business can offer and equity component, security and an exciting, challenging work culture. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a world-renowned organization that can offer an exceptional opportunity for professional development and career progression.